The need is greater than you think…
As childhood poverty increases, it becomes harder and harder for families to find the resources to purchase the supplies needed to send their children back to school.
- In 2013-14, 43.3% of Wisconsin public school students were eligible for free or reduced-price school meals
- In some school districts the number is as high as 91.2%
- Not just a big city problem.
- 2015 estimated cost to send a child to school was $630
- School Supplies – $98
- Clothes – $218
- Shoes – $118
- Electronics/Accessories – $197